Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcome Home!

Today is full of emotion. 3/5 Marines are finally home! All of them. sighhh. During their deployment, they had lost a total of 24 very loved Marines, and had 174 wounded. Too many. 


Recently anything military related turns me into an emotional wreck. I have a special place in my heart for Marines, and I have spent a lot of time with the boys of 3/5. Although Kyle was with 3/7, A good friend of mine is married to a former 3/5 Marine, so many nights I spent with her....I spent surrounded by them. 


I had some pictures texted to me...Oh the tears! A friends daughter hugging her daddy so tight...the grip on those little hands...she didn't want to let go. (She doesn't have to!) Precious. Another Marine taking a knee next to one of his buddies who had been wounded while they were deployed...big smiles. Priceless. In the background of one of the pictures, a pregnant wife was glowing...she looked so peaceful. 




Welcome Home 3/5! I hope tonight is filled with home cooked meals, your babies in your arms, the tv turned to your favorite channel, hot showers, clean good smelling clothes, kisses and some lovin, peace and quiet, and beautiful smiles surrounding you (Or whatever it is that makes you happy!) 




My heart hurts for those 24 families who don't get to have that today. I'm sorry. I know I will never understand how that feels, but I will never forget the sacrifices. No amount of Thank You's and no words will take that pain away, just know I think of you each day. All of you, not just the 24 families...but the thousands of other families.




I hope I didn't offend anybody with this post, Just felt the need to express my feelings on this. If you google 3/5 H&S homecoming, there's a marine proposing right off the bus. OH how cute is that? I bet that was the best day of that sweet girls life yet! 




                                                   xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment